Monday, June 19, 2023

So Sore

Did I mention getting old sucks? Gone are the days I could try to do something moderate and not regret it. I have to admit not everything is sore, but boy, it’s a lot more than I would have predicted. And as I said, I’m not good with pain, even if it’s reasonable soreness. It makes me not want to move to accentuate the discomfort. All I’m doing is trying these beginner non-standing exercises, and when I’m tired and the person keeps going, I take a little break to recover until I feel ready again. I seriously don’t feel I’m over-doing anything. So to feel this much after-soreness seems surprising. If I’m already this sore, doing this little, it does not feel encouraging, as it may only get worse. But I’m trying to hang in there and not take a day off, as I’m pretty sure that’ll only prolong things as well. All I can do it hope that my ability eventually catches up for a tiny bit before I need to push myself farther and go back to being more sore again.

No comments: