Friday, June 23, 2023

Pain, pain, go away

Small adjustable weights still sound somewhat tempting, you know, for someday when it doesn’t hurt to stretch or breathe deeply. When I can actually concentrate reading product reviews because my pack and shoulders aren’t hurting so much that I can't think straight.

What the heck happened? Fine, I admit the first day I underestimated how unflexible I was and overdid it. Since it didn’t hurt right away, and I didn’t have very prompt feedback from my body that what I was doing was bad. Dear Body, I am so sorry about this. I did not mean to ignore you. You have my full attention. We tried to rest and back things up a bit, and I really thought we were doing ok. I have no idea where this pain came from 2 days ago that is so ridiculously unrelenting. I think we still need to move gently a little once in a while. Please tell me what is acceptable to do. I have no idea anymore.

No comments: