Saturday, March 26, 2022

Pen Parody

The other morning I listened to Absolutely Mindy on Kids Place Live Radio. A kid was saying how glad he was to go back to regular school after several months of being home-schooled. Mindy was inspired and started to ad lib some altered lyrics to a certain Disney Princess song. “I want to be where the people are . . . “

I’m guessing that was my inspiration for thoughts popping into my head this after noon about the Color Technik pens. Like that huge box of crayons, it just looked so wonderful, and it felt like it just didn’t deliver, since I couldn’t readily use all of them. It seems like “Look at this stuff, isn’t it neat? Wouldn’t you think my (pen) collection’s complete?” Now I feel like I need to complete the parody in full. “I’ve got yellows and purples a plenty. I’ve got neons and earth-tones galore. You want gold-tone? I’ve got twenty. But who cares . . . no big deal . . . I want more . . .

Ok, I don’t know if I have 20 gold pens. Probably. But you gett he idea. “What is a fountain (pen), and how long does ink take to dry? Anyone want to help with additional lyrics? My sister wrote a full length parody of the “Raven” poem by Edgar Allen Poe when she was in high school. It’s possible to do this. You just need a warped sense of humor and (possibly warped) commitment.

No comments: