Sunday, February 2, 2020

Clutter can be like Geese

Went through most of the stuffies on the couch. Friday we brought home 2 more bags, and by Saturday morning, only put the really obvious ones in bags to take to the grandparents (extended family always visits and can pick through and take what they want). They said within 2 hours only one bag was left. I’m ready to go back for more. After all, Konmari says to do this all in one fell swoop. It’s not that you can do it all in one day, but in one prolonged event. We already took 2 or 3 days break last week that I didn’t feel that I needed. I’m just saying, I’m on a roll, and I want to keep going. The only problem is that I keep taking away room on the couch and J has no where to play video games and hang out with the cats. Right now I have 2 cushions completely cleared off for him. Yesterday the entire thing was covered. I would have to compare it to the Canadian geese where we live. We seem to have geese at least 9 months out of the year. One could say that doesn’t make sense, because they are supposed to go south for the winter. I seriously think they do. But all fall and winter, I think we have different geese moving through here. Maybe ones from northern Canada do winter here because it is mild enough in comparison. So it’s the same with the couch. We are making progress, and things are moving through, but it can seem disheartening when there is always clutter, even though it is different clutter moving through.

No comments: