Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Still sorting stuffies

I think I’ll have to say goodbye to the M&M plushes. I had already resigned that we wouldn’t keep the 3 foot tall blue one. But recently I emptied the bag with the four smaller ones. They’re cute, and certainly might make me smile occasionally, but they’re probably only a 6 on the joy scale. Certainly better than average, but maybe not quite as joyful as when I first got them.

Today I had the opportunity to see something I was giving away spark joy in someone else. It’s not that I’m rating everything on a scale of 1-10, but I think this large penguin was probably a 7 or 7.5 for me. And there are so many 9s and 10s I’m clutching onto, and this one was so big, I decided to let it go. It literally elicited a squeal of delight when she heard she could have it (this was an adult, by the way, not a small child). I guess that’s the best I could ask for – to have these things go to good homes where people can appreciate them at least as much as I did, if not more. I feel badly getting rid of a 2+ foot long Meeko because I doubt someone as obsessed with that raccoon as I was will find it in the thrift store down the street. Why do I feel compelled to part with it? Because I have TWO. And don’t have the time and energy to sell everything off one by one. I am already practically mortified by how much that storage unit costs a month. We couldn’t make enough selling things to substantiate keeping the place longer. I think it was great that my husband was understanding enough to allow me to get it in he first place (as the stuff is primarily mine, even if he occasionally appreciates the stuff), but it’s ridiculous to dump much more money into it. We have now made it through bag 13.

No comments: