Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Stuffy sort - 2 bags down

Made it through two huge stuffy bags so far. I’ll have to look up the exact sizes, because now that they’re sorted out, they fill up 3 regular large bags and change, so it’s difficult to quantify exactly how much will exit our abode. We got the gargantuan sizes so we could pack quickly & stuff it in storage, as there was a LOT to relocate. But they were also very heavy, so how that we’re repacking things to give away, we’re using more manageable bags.

I guess the point is that I haven’t broken down crying because I feel forced to give things away that I treasure and want to keep. I’d say over half will be leaving (maybe up to two-thirds, but I’m trying not to over-estimate). But then begins the tedium. I mentioned we have people we’d like to give to. But you don’t know exactly what they want. And we decided we might also see if we can donate to a Children’s Hospital or something like that. That should give a nice warm fuzzy feeling. No, the tedium is taking things to and from work because I don’t know what that person will like, taking and sending photos of items to relatives out of state, and trying to figure out logistics of getting everything to everyone and then trucking back what they don’t want. That is going to give me a headache. As if decluttering and clearing items out isn’t enough. I’m sure I should take an exact census, even by animal species, for a good story someday, right? We don’t just have aquatic animals, we have blue whales, humpback whales, sea otters, river otters, several specific types of sharks and fish. We have numerous dog breeds, giant and red pandas, flying squirrels . . . a virtual little ark.

Taking a break, but hope to get more bags out to sift through this weekend.

No comments: