Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Cleaning Out

By way of Introduction: I have recently admitted I have a “stuff”/possession addiction, and am trying to reduce and find a better balance. I listened to hours of youtube videos by various people; not just Marie Kondo. But I also happened across her audiobook and listened to the first 2 hours (probably without them realizing it was public and free, as it has since been removed) and realized that I would indeed like to at least attempt to follow along with this expert’s advice. Well, mostly kind of. I found her first book cheerful, uplifting and inspiring – what I really need right now. I would much rather WANT to get rid of stuff instead of feeling like I am being force to by my apartment management (with no substantiating reason in my lease). I am sure I will still be belligerent and argue and break rules, but for now, this is my challenge, and the method I am attempting to use. And anything else I find inspiring or motivating. But to be clear, I am not doing Konmari because it’s fashionable, popular, or everyone else is doing it. I am undertaking this purge regardless, but I hope her books, videos, stories and ideas make it more tolerable.

No comments: