Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Various Weight Loss Ideas

The dude that mentioned 600 calories of pureed chicken & coffee said a couple other interesting things, like how broccoli is super filling, so I ventured to ask him a tiny bit more, only on the off chance of something that sounded more paletable to me. He did not. Among other things, one should never exercise more than 40 minutes at one time, and multiple exercise sessions must be no less than 6 hours apart. This was in response to the question is it ok to have a 15 min walk here and there, like on breaks. I’m happy this system works for him, but hard pass from me. I have enough healthcare professionals saying walk, no don’t walk, do strength-training, no, avoid it at all costs and only do walking. Eat yogurt – no, dairy is not needed. Eat ¾ of your food as fruits and vegetables. No, eat at least half calories from lean meat. My point here is only to say that I give up. I try to have a semi-open mind to some of these thigns, like I said, in case there are hidden gems. Like broccoli is very filling. That’s good to know. I like cucumbers, but I swear, every time I have one, I’m hungrier than I was beforehand. So hey, broccoli probably is pretty filling. But all these extreme this and that and nothing you do is right . . . I give up. Get the weight off as quickly as possible – diet now, eat normal the rest of your life; it’ll somehow work out. Gastric surgery is the only way to go. Slow steady lifestyle changes are the way to go. Anythng else is dangerous. I agree with some things, and I don’t on others, and I shouldn’t get on a soapbox of which things strike a chord to me. I just think it’s sad there are so many vastly different “healthy” ideas by professionals, as to destroy all trust in anything and make one feel like they have to test it out and figure it out for themselves. One plan probably does not fit all; even flexible ones. I’m the only one who’s got to live with me and my quality of life due to my weight. I know what foods I can tolerate and which I’d seriously rather avoid and substitute. I cannot let these guest lecturers live inside my head making me feel guilty and awful about myself no matter what choice I make. My surgeon has a website with several life-style changes they advocate, and I’ve read and will seriously consider all that I am able to. To a point. Let’s just say their ideas were a little less extreme and probably in the right direction. And attempting a direction still counts; even if I am not 100% successful following every single item every day. I tend to gravitate in all-or-nothing perfectionism and it gets discouraging. 80% on track, or even starting out 50% in a new direction, can still be positive change. I don’t have to do this overnight. That’s just me.

No comments: