Friday, July 14, 2023

Old, so Old

I’ve recovered enough to think of a new tactic while I wait for a doctor visit to ask what the heck I need to do in order to not keep hurting myself attempting basic exercises.
Watch, then do
I thought there’s a chance I’m not paying enough attention to my body because I’m concentrating keeping up with the video. So let’s either watch the video, then pause it while attempting, or memorize it and do it afterwards at whatever pace my body seems to think is acceptable.

You know how some people claim it’s possible to have an “old soul.” Perhaps my body has decided it’s real age is much older (there used to be a “real age” website that claims to give you a realistic estimate based on your lifestyle. Let’s not go there right now). Seems like my body significantly more delicate than I thought it was.

How’s this? I can meditate and attempt to ask the universe to channel all the wisdom of an expert physical therapist who works with severely geriatric people. One of my meditations said to have the mentality of an observer. Be almost detached. Ok, let’s pretend I’m helping some older relative who needs said advice getting more active. Apparently they’re 90, and having difficulty coming to grips that they’re not as fit and spry as they were at say, 50. They refuse to accept help from the people at their assisted living facility (sure, my husband does a lot of the housework, so let’s go with that). The only person they’ll listen to is me, so that’s why I need to help them figure this out. Uhm, yeah, not sure I believe that backstory either, but perhaps the details aren’t important.

No comments: