Monday, July 17, 2023

1 Pound Weights

Only mild arm soreness since I started doing things only at my own pace. I've been aiming for 30-40 repetitions, based on counting how many the videos average. Enough soreness to feel like yay, it did something, but not the overwhelming or unrelenting pain.

I happened to buy two 1 pound bottles of glycerin the other day, so I treid them as tiny weights to see how long I could do the same exercises. I made it to 20 on most before I wondered if more would be regrettable. Since I don’t want to get overly sore, and I’m doing several different exercises, I’m calling that good for now. I think even mild weights might engage a few core muscles, for some of them, so this should be interesting to see how I feel tomorrow.

I also heard about the goblet march today. (My mind still thinks it should be goblin instead of goblet). I'm not going to to run into that full-swing, but I'm intrigued my non-situps or things that may not strain my back or neck. I'm thinking maybe I should try the march by itself first, then add itty bitty weights and see what happens. Reminds me of the Leslie Sansone knee-lifts. Hey, even that, without added weights, moving more than one previously did, isn't a bad idea.

No comments: