Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Waiting for (Weight Loss) Results

I’ve pretty drastically changed my diet (food intake) over the last couple of months and upped my activity. I can’t help be disappointed how slowly the scale is moving. After all, I’m doing physical therapy and all the exercises would be easier if I had less weight to lug around. Plus some of the exercises are causing pain on my joints, so even if I went in for my foot, my knees are protesting, and duh, the best way you can help that is to lose weight. I’m trying!

Not sure how much activity I used to do, but doing 10 minutes moderate activity was pushing it when I started out last summer(ish). I’m up to 30 now, or minimum 25 minutes cardio-ish and weights and PT exercises in addition. I went from eating Idk, maybe 5 fruits and veggies a week to 6-10 every day, and that usually fills a person up to eat less of everything else. Nixed most meat and only have cheese maybe once a week. Before that, I was contemplating if I could even get through a day without dairy, as I’m a pretty good addict, and cheese is essentially kryptonite. Went from high sugar desserts most evenings to dessert being a bowl of light popcorn or berries. Come on. How is this not helping? No, my clothing is not significantly loser, thanks for rubbing it in. What gives? P.S. I’m still waiting for this supposed improved feeling of wellbeing that’s supposed to follow either eating better or increased activity (let alone both). How long does it take for that to kick in?

Meanwhile, I’ve been icing my foot at least 3 times a day and gulping down ibuprofen as instructed, despite the fact that neither help for pain. I had a follow-up appointment at the orthopedic place and he chastised me for easing up on that. I only stopped since it’s been months, and the last person said not to worry about it and only do PT. Whatever. He said injections won’t help, it’ll probably tear or require surgery. Finally got a referral for a podiatrist, (from when I asked my PCP last October/November) so I went ahead and scheduled that for a second opinion. I only have a couple more PT appointments, so not sure what else to do except continue those exercises at home. With my heavy self, it’s nearly impossible to do those on one leg, let alone 3 sets of 15. Guess I have something to shoot for.

No comments: