Friday, February 2, 2024

Tofu Review

Mixed feelings about tofu, but overall, I think I’ll pass. I think I could get used to the taste and texture. It’s the maintenance that bugs me. Once opened, it supposedly only lasts 2-3 days in the fridge. So you’d better have big plans to use it fast. The package we got was supposedly 3 servings, but I would have split it in 4 or 6, so that’s a lot to use in a couple of days. Then if you don’t use it all immediately, you’re supposed to drain and refill it with water every 24 hours. Seriously? That’s exactly what I’d like to do – daily maintenance on food I’m not ready to eat yet. Idk, this idea is weird to me, and I don’t mean in the good way. Maybe soy nuts would be good alternative? Haven’t tasted them yet. No one sells them where I live. Sure, I can order a few pounds from Amazon.com, but I thought it would be nice to test them out first before getting a bulk bag. I can buy some dried beans, soak and roast them myself, but come on. Just to try a taste. Eesh.

No comments: