Sunday, May 8, 2022

Still Sucky Light

This last week’s lighting solution (I use that word lightly). I brought an additional 60 watt equivalent lamp that sit’s about a 16 inches away from me (tiny desks). It is ridiculously bright compared to the regular office lighting and gives me a headache, but I feel somewhat less lethargic with it on most of the time. Oh, for customized dimmer switches settings. I’ve tried putting a few sheets of paper propped up against it, but it doesn’t stay put well and I don’t want to tape it. Also put a folder in front of half of it for when the headache gets worse near the end of the day. Still allows the rest of the diffused light to bounce around the walls and better than being completely off. I’ve also ordered an arching over-desk lamp that has 3 light colors (warm, cool, in-between),and 10 brightness settings and supposedly maxes out around 75 watt equivalent. I’m hoping the latter, when it arrives, will be a little more tolerable to my fickle preferences. Also since it comes with a base or clamp, and I have a couple little shelves at my desk, I might be able to put it up higher to light up more of my desk; not just a little section. Fingers crossed it comes soon, and doesn’t cop out quickly.

No comments: