Sunday, May 8, 2022

Disqualified pen (no review, not getting more)

Pilot Precise V7 Stick Liquid Ink Rolling Ball Stick Pens (blue, 0.7mm).

I've used the Pilot liquid stick pens in the past without issue. Even back in the day when I used .5mm. I apreciated the precise tip and variety of colors (to use at boring jobs). But when I bring home a brand new one and it leaks all over, without any clear damage/reason, I'm going to avoid that pen. Maybe they're not as sturdy as other pens and did have a structure/damage point? It's not like you go looking in detail for what leaked where on a messy pen that just betrayed you. Perhaps it got banged around in my bag on the way home? I fished it out of my bag, set it down, and when I went to retrieve it hours later, it was completely empty. Do they need to be stored more carefully - like only end up or down, or only lay flat? If so, I'm still not a fan of higher maintanance/picky pens, especially if catostrophic failure is the result. Sorry, not gettin anywhere near these again if I can help it.

No comments: