Monday, July 11, 2022

Darkness Drags on

I did the math, and can hardly believe it’s only been 12 weeks since I moved to my sun-less corner of the work world. It seems like it’s been dragging on forever. I made a doctor’s appointment to ask what the heck to do next. I’ve gained 20 pounds due in part to lack of energy and feeling generally crappy. I’ve tried exercising both walking and strength-training as much as I can stand (which isn’t much) and have no discernable difference even though they say oh, you need to exercise more, because that gives you energy. I have 3 LED lamps, one on each side, and one in the back corner, 40 watt equivalent or more. I don’t know the exact measurements of my desk, but it’s less than 6 feet wide for sure. All the light does is strain my eyes and give me headaches. The side lamps have 10 brightness settings, so I can turn them up and down gradually. I’ve tried turning them up and down, or leaving at one setting, and both ways suck. It kind of feels like it comes down to whether or not I deserve to not be miserable. The indirect feedback I’m getting is that no, I’m not worthy of that. What's wrong with this picture.

No comments: