Sunday, July 3, 2022

Pen Review: Arteza Glitter Gel Pens, 14 colors, 1.0 mm

Ahem. I think this is a sign I need to stop trying out different pen brands and simply stick with the ones that were the best. The plastic pen barrel has a cheap feeling like if you drop it from any height, it might shatter. Hopefully they would not, but they feel notably cheap in construction. 5 lines in, the green stopped working. Ka-poot. Nothing. Purchase was less than 1 month old. Good grief. I don’t have time for this. Did I mention the other brand (Color Technik) pack of 80, where you have to try several pens before achieving one that works more than a couple of lines? I guess this has made me impatient. My Arteza set “only” had 14 pen colors, of which I only really want to write with 8, and of those, the first I pick stops working that quickly. Is it so unusual to want almost new pens to work? Again, I’m seriously re-thinking how much I appreciate some of these others (some of which I have not reviewed yet).

So without beating the green pen to death, I moved on to the red. Guess what happened? 6 lines in, it died. I attempted to resuscitate. It wrote 2 more lines. This is a joke. Since I got them from Amazon, I know from experience if I return them, they will not refund my money (it usually gets lost somewhere, or they claim they credited my account, which they did not, but the refuse to admit they are capable of any type of error. The dark blue pen worked for two pages (6x9) and used about a third of the pen. The ink gloops here and there, but was nicely bright and sparkly.

Pink pen. Guess what? 5 1/2 lines in, dead. Black made it a whole 10 lines, then dead.

These were by far the worst pens I’ve tried so far. With the price about a dollar a pen, it would be nice if they at least worked for the most part. Since they were from Amazon.com, I know I can’t return them for a refund or exchange. Sure, they say you can, but in my experience, Amazon pretends to refund my money and I never get it, so I’ve stopped trying. I don’t think they’re known for their customer service. That’s what you get for cheaper prices.

No comments: