Sunday, March 1, 2020

Weighted/hefty stuffies

I have some weighted stuffed animals too. Back before they had weighted blankets, they had hefty stuffies. Some were even microwavable or softly scented for relaxation (I wasn’t big on the scented ones). But I recall seeing microwavable comfy critters with mild lavender even in the spa section of the supermarket. I haven’t tried the weighted blankets that are all the craze now, so I can’t compare. But the stuffies are reminiscent of having a pet sleep with you. I had a cat sleep on my chest for 14 years, and that’s a difficult comfort to replace. It’s not as if the hefty stuffies weigh 10 pounds, but they are a start. I actually contemplated getting a few pounds of rice in a bag and putting a soft blanket over it . . . but it was a pathetic attempt. If they get a hefty stuffy that also purrs with a realistic vibration, sign me up.

No comments: