Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Exercise Most UN-Wanted List

I’ve about had it. The doc gave me a sheet of exercises for upper back pain. Nice gradual plan: do two the first week, then add two more, and what order to best progress. Of the first two exercises, I can only do one. The other is physically not possible. Undaunted, I did that a few days, and optimistically decided to add one of the next two. Rediculous upper back and neck pain, even with only one tiny attempt. Enough pain I couldn’t sleep well until 2 am after taking over the counter drugs and biofreeze. Thinking I need to make a chart of all the activities I should avoid, like a top criminals list, and simply avoide them at all costs. Only thing I can think of is perhaps self massage could help loosen some things up, since stretching is out of the question. Ironically the more one hurts, the more one happens to tense up inadvertently, only making things worse. So I can either do one back exercise and be in pain for two days, or I can do my regular wimpy exercises. Gee, what a decision.

No comments: