Friday, July 12, 2024

The Downfall of Doc-in-the-Box

Been putting off scheduling an appointment for my shoulder. It’s been bugging me since April. Now my upper arm hurts. Glack. If I ask my PCP, he wants an MRI before even looking at it. You go to a walk-in clinic, they say you’re not dying, go see your PCP. They used to only do that for Emergency centers. So that sucks. I heard I could try a rheumatologist, but they throw long-term (permanent) drugs at you so I don’t really want to try that either. I tried to schedule an appointment with the last Dr. I saw for the knee (she was nice and helpful) but she’s booked until October. Ok, I’m not dying. I get it. I can still use my other arm, chug some otc meds and simply not do certain activities, like writing with a pen. Guess I could make a game out of it, like see how much weight I can try to lose by then. Since they usually say everything is caused by being overweight. Another reason I delayed going this long.

Guess I’m mildly irritated. Walking is good for weight loss, but isn’t pleasant since my knee and leg swells up. I can only do my arm supposed HIIT exercises with one arm now, so I’m not sure how high intensity they truly are at that point . . . Not sure what good exercises are left out there besides swimming. Probably time to try youtube and see what they recommend. Maybe I'll be all better by October. Yeah right.

No comments: