Thursday, May 30, 2024

When Green Equals Noise

Spring should be nice, and I always love seeing nature and foliage, but dang it’s been noisy lately. It’s a pleasant temperature to open windows for fresh air, but unfortunately it also lets in a ton of noise. Traffic from nearby busy streets is at least a relatively constant hum and noise level. It’s the landscaping that is driving me nuts. I didn’t think there was enough surrounding our apartment complex and neighboring business complexes, but they’re at it all day three days a week. As soon as you think maybe, just maybe they’re done, due to a small lapse, it starts up again. Probably moving to a different area, or brining out different tools. Three consecutive days of mowers, blowers, trimmers buzz-saws, and who knows what else. The mower finally fades in the distance, and three minutes later it’s back for another lap.

Tried a 17 minute walking video on youtube. Went ok except for the 3 commercial interruptions. My furkid was a bit anxious of me walking that fast. Like they wanted attention and I wasn’t stopping to dote on them. Hope they can get more used to it, as I should do those more often.

My surgery support website is awesome giving weekly encouragement.

No comments: