Thursday, May 9, 2024

1 Week Past Surgery

Had my one week surgery follow-up and all appears well and on track. I can do as much walking as I’d like, but absolutely no weights or band exercises. Can't even use tiny one-pound weights – I asked. Surgeon said It’s better not to risk it and wait it out until the six-week milestone. I could look up walking workouts, but any strenuous activity is discouraged. Way back in the day I did Leslie Sansone and Walk Away the Pounds (WATP) but I wouldn't necessarily be able to do all of those moves either - anything that engages the core. Which puts it back at hey, maybe walk in place and put some music on in general. Gah. Whatever.

In the meantime my spouse is organizing the front room in an effort to make things look more tidy for the next apartment inspection. I still fail to see the point why they care how many dusty books we have if they are sitting on a bookcases that is our own property, and it is not damaging our dirtying the actual walls, floors, etc. At any rate, getting rid of some things we don't need or want anymore. There's a thrift store down the way that takes donations, so that's nice to let them salvage anything they can, instead of everything going in a landfill. We don't have time or means to do the Kondo method, but willingness to let go of things is a step in the right direction. I read and semi-tried Kondo years ago. There are some valid points, like you shouldn't keep crap that doesn't "spark joy" (unless it's practical). But there's no way I will ever fold everything the way she does.

Speaking of which, should probably do some reading while I have time off. Could even attempt a new hobby, but Idk if I'm that determined. Could designate my own NaNoWriMo.

NaNoWriMo deserves a better sales pitch than I feel like presenting, but suffice it to say it developed when some people said hey, wouldn’t it be cool to sit down and write a Novel in a Month? National Novel Writing Month ensued and is observed every November, and Camp NanoWrimo also occurs in April and July with loser customizable goals.

In looking through all our stuff, an interesting conundrum: to keep or chuck WW (Weight Watchers) material. Even if the plans are outdated, in theory, there could be usable recipes or ideas in there. I mean, I whole-heartedly believed in the plan I started out on for years, despite them revising and rebranding every now and then. And like anything else, sometimes you can read the suggestions and take out of it whatever you agree with, or whatever or works for you. Like the Kondo thing, or anything else. I had a falling out with WW years ago when they made it clear how much more they value money than people. But that’s another saga for another day. The point is, even if I don’t agree with them, it doesn’t mean I need to chuck all the materials I paid for based solely on principle. But how likely am I to ever re-read and use this stuff? Ugh.

No comments: