Saturday, June 22, 2024

Survived First Work Week Back

Survived my first week back at work. Not great, but not horrendous. It’s not the most favorite enjoyable place, but we won’t go into that. I’m just sore and tired today, and not sure why. Haven’t done much except walking. Shoulder is still unhappy. I wondered if could be from turning over and tugging at my weighted blanket, so I stopped using it this week. I love my weighted blanket and have used it every single day for years, so this is not a happy thing for me. In fact, I was previously contemplating getting a slightly heavier one. Still, for the existing one, Why would it start to hurt now, after so many years? If it is the culprit. It was the last thing I could think of. I’ve rested and iced it during my time off. That was the only thing I could think of.

Did some mild knee strengthening, and that hurts too. More than it should. When you’re younger, they say if something hurts, ice and rest. I guess when you’re older, they suggest to keep moving through the pain and hope it gets better by moving more. Ok, but what at what point can you settle down for the evening? Doesn’t seem fair when you take a couple hours off after dinner, get ready for bed, and everything aches again. Does it ever stop? It gets old really fast.

No comments: