Wednesday, June 12, 2024

5 Weeks 6 Days

One day short of 6 weeks, I a couple tiny youtube exercise video. It was seated, arms/shoulders, which were not close to the surgery zone. I did not attempt full blast if it felt too much, so I modified as needed. Fitness tracker even acknowledged 27 activity zone minutes. A few minutes after finishing, I felt some unpleasant pangs closer to my surgery area. See? They are trying to protect you by telling you to take it easy and not do too much too soon. I would have tried this on week 2 or 3, had I not been warned not to. I’m sure my pangs aren’t anything serious, but the point is recovery is slow, even when it goes well. Reading the recovery board and some doctors advised it can take up to a year to fully recover in some aspects. I know that sounds redic, butI heard the same timeline with my previous eye surgery as well. It can take a year not because you’re old or overweight; it can just take that long. The activity today didn’t kill me though, so I’ll call it a success.

No comments: