Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Yay New Knee Sleeve

For starters, miracle of miracle, Amazon.com delivered to the correct address (gasp) and I didn’t have to go to a dozen apartment buildings, up all the stairs in an attempt to track down where they left my package. I put “special instructions” for them to verify the street address, and re-stated it. Gee, maybe it worked (knock on wood).

Even better, it fits how I want it to and feels great on my knee. The first one I got earlier this spring, professionally recommended and fit by a Durable Medical supplier, is too lose on my knee and keeps falling down no matter how I try to fold it over or jimmy-rig it to stay in place. Not sure if it wore out, or the 5 pounds I lost since then were isolated to my knee, but suffice it to say I needed a new one.

After way too much time reading reviews, evaluating total number of reviews and ratio of 4-5 star vs. 1-2 star review . . . measuring every which way and comparing to my exiting, sleeve, I took a stab in the dark while sleep deprived and ordered one. It’s a tad snug and sits a little lower than it should, but my body is not correctly shaped for these in the first place, so in my opinion, it’s perfect. Trust me, the last one was always baggy around the bottom because of this. Anyway it provides the perfect amount of compression and feels great (except a tiny bit itchy from being new). Happy happy joy joy. And it was a SET of two sleeves instead of one. I only need for one knee, so I have the luxury of using one and washing one at the same time (ooooh, aaaaah). I might actually be able to walk without my knee getting swollen and feeling like it’s going to explode. You know, the unwanted pressure, like when you have a sinus infection so horrific you have difficulty concentrating on anything except the fantasy about pounding a nail into your forehead to release the pressure? You don’t know that feeling? Ah, maybe it’s just me.

Fingers crossed this sleeve holds up well and keeps my knee supported for a few more months.

No comments: