Thursday, September 12, 2024

Weight Loss Desperation?

The prescription I’m taking the next few weeks makes me monumentally hungry. It commonly causes weight gain. I’m upping protein and plants, but may not be enough. Think I may need to resort to incorporating drink meal replacements into my life. Is that an indication of failure? Maybe I should use things like this to re-kick my weight loss even after I'm on the short-term rx? Idk. In theory it's at least partially my fault for being in pain since I'm so heavy. And if it hurts so much to move . . . Of course there are also those injectables and weight-loss surgery one could try. People have been pushing keto type diets on me. After researching and discussing with a nutritionist at work, I don't think that would be a balanced and healthy idea for me. Maybe it could work for some people, but I believe it is also my right to pursue other options (I've been kinda scolded for not doing keto lately). Hopefully the rx helps, so maybe I'm getting ahead of things.

I am not going to have bariatric surgery to lose weight, and I am skeptical about the injectables. Guess I wondered if drink meal-replacements were a gateway act of giving up hope.

Work drama has not helped overall well-being, but not going to go into that. Let's just say escalating stressors there.

No comments: